FISD offers a High School Advanced Academic event

FISD is hosting a High School Academics night on December 8, 6 p.m. to 7 p.m. Check out, “FISD’s annually High School Academic night” by Suhas Konijeti

The Frisco Independent School District (FISD) is hosting its annual High School Advanced Academic Night on Wednesday, Dec. 8 at Independence High School (IHS). 

The district hosts this event to inform students of all the opportunities available to them so that they are able to make the right decisions for themselves. The webinar will discuss the AP program, IB program, GT Program, CTE, Dual Credit, ISM, Acceleration, GPA, and a Q&A session.

Advanced Academic coordinator Srikrishna Chetty mentions why he personally feels it is important to host this event and why it is important for students to attend.

“The district continues to grow and the student opportunity model gives so many choices,” Chetty said. “Students do better when they show agency and have ownership of their learning.  This event gives them the opportunity to gather a lot of information towards laying out their high school plan.”

Chetty also highlights the importance of the event for non-highschool students such as eighth-graders.

“High school is quite different from middle school, so those transition years are extremely important in helping students understand the full 4-year journey of high school.”

IHS sophomore Samyuktha Tangella shares her feelings about the Advanced Academic Night.

“I’m really glad that Frisco is hosting this event because I remember as an 8th grade [student] I was confused about all the choices I had for high school,” Tangella said. “But after attending the event it gave me reassurance on what I want and need to do for high school. I didn’t even know high school gave advanced classes as an option.”

The webinar will be from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m. Students and Parents in grades 8 through 11 are encouraged to attend. To learn more about the High School Advanced Academic Night, visit friscoisd.org, and to register to attend the webinar click here.