House divided

Underclassmen from Centennial, Heritage and Liberty were pulled to become Knights.

Frisco ISD

Zoning lines were redrawn when Frisco ISD decided to open up its 7th high school.

When the boundaries were drawn some siblings got split between two different schools.

For some families the zoning line got drawn right down the middle of their living rooms.

“ At the beginning of the year I kinda wanted to [go to Centennial High School] because all my old friends are there” said Brett Cumnock, a freshman. “But I’ve made new friends and I love football here so I would stay here.”

It could’ve been easier for him to have his senior sister help him in his first year of high school.

However, Cumnock sees it differently.

“I can do whatever I want and nobody knows who my sister is. So I can go into class and not have someone say ‘hey there’s Abbey’s brother’… Start fresh,” he said.

Carly Suhr is a senior at Centennial and her little brother, Colton, attends Independence.

“It kind of stinks that I don’t get to see him all the time, but I get to see him at Young Life on Monday nights and that’s pretty cool oh and at my house also,” said Suhr.

Since Colton goes to Independence, it hasn’t really affected her because they went to different schools in the first place.

He went to Wester Middle School and Carly went to Centennial.

Frisco ISD continuously grows with approximately 3,000 new students each school year.

They will open up more high schools, like Reedy and Lebanon Trail, which may cause more sibling splits in the future.